Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Rainbow Connection

I wrote about this a couple of years ago. The rainbow connection, popularized by Kermit the Frog, is one of my all-time favorite songs, next only to Mario Lanza's "Be My Love" and "Vesti La Giubba" from Caruso. The rainbow connection's lyrics have a haunting simpleness to it that takes us back to our childhood -- when life was simple and we were easier to please. The melody itself is wonderful and so are the words. I can't exactly put into words the feeling i get when i hear this song except that this song, as i said, takes me back to my childhood days. Somehow, when i hear this song, visions of a green, open field with lots of trees on the side on a very clear day, with blue skies and white fluffy clouds floating by come to mind. the song, whenever i hear it, gives me a sense of serenity.

Recently, i found a video of it on YouTube and I'm posting it here to share with you.


No comments: