Angelicum School in Jaro, Iloilo is not just an educational institution but an historical monument as well. The school occupies 16,200 square meters along MacArthur Drive, Tabuc Suba, Jaro, Iloilo. The school's main building is an old mansion which is considered one of the most bueatiful structure sin Iloilo, noted for its mixed Spanish-y Don American architecture. It was built in 1937 by Don Emiliano Lizares who married Conchita Gamboa.
During World Ward II, the mansion was occupied by the Japanese forces and became the HQ of the japanese kempetai. In 1950, Don Emiliano died and his wife left for Manila. The mansion was leased to a Jaro businessman who convereted it into a casino. The City government later closed down the Casino. In 1962 it was sold by the family of Don Emiliano Lizares to the Dominicans and later became Angelicum School in 1978.
Come Christmas season, the mansion is bedecked with colored light that outline the mansions' popular structure. Residents of JAro look forward to the opening of the lights.