Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Kris-James Brouhaha

Like those never-ending stories of mananaggals in Tondo come election time, the news of Kris and James' breakup appeared again in the different tabloids and even in some major dailies. the news articles more often than not include a video-grab of a teary-eyed Kris in an interview in her show "The Buzz".

What i found amusing was this: In her statement on her Sunday Gossip show, she said "Kung anuman ang dahilan why this marriage, on my part, I'm saying, is over, the only person I will owe an explanation to, and the only person who can demand from me na bakit kayo naghiwalay, is my son". It's funny because if she owes and explanation to no one except her son, why did she even bother coming out at all about their breakup on National TV? But like my good friend said, that's Kris. Even when she wants to be real quiet about something, she still manages to blab about it, one way or another.

Then, she further added: "The worst thing I can do for Baby James is, when he's 7 or 8 years old, ang mahanap niya sa YouTube yung explanation kung bakit naghiwalay ang nanay at tatay niya. He deserves much more than that. He deserves to hear it only from me and only from James. Because in any separation, there are two sides to the story. And we owe it to him, James will owe it to him, that I will owe it to him to explain to him."

I think what Baby James would say when he's 7 or 8 years old is this: "Mommy, why did you have to announce to the world you are breaking up with Daddy?" But again, my friend would justify it with two simple words-- that's Kris.

According to an article written by Ricky Lo dated June 28, he wrote: They always clash because of Kris’ tendency to control James,” said somebody privy to the couple’s life. “Their differences are irreconcilable. Every time they fought, Kris would threaten to separate from James, saying, ‘Ayoko na talaga; sawa na ako. Hiwalay na tayo!’ This time around, James retaliated by saying, ‘Hiwalay kung hiwalay!’ I think they have reached a point of no return, no reconciliation.”

If this is indeed the case, then I think it is only right for James to call it quits. I can just imagine what life must have been like for James, living under the shadow of Kris and her family, and the eternal nagging that might (or might not) have happened on a daily basis.

To Kris, I only have this to say: Whatever misery you are in right now, you deserve every drop of it. if what i have been observing on TV reflects your true persona, then it is not surprising that your relationships with men always end up this way. There is a lot of self-realization you need to do, and you must acknowledge your faults (not just by saying them on TV but actually trying your best to change them) if you do not want to end up a bitter person.

And to James, i only have three words for you: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

No comments: